eSpeak Server On the Mac Not Interrupting Speech Correctly

Hi,
Not sure if this issue is happening on the Mac only, but here is the problem.
If I do C-e l to read the current line, espeak starts speaking immediately.
However, if, while the line is being read, I press C-p to move to the previous line, there's a delay where the speech still continues and then suddenly switches to the line I just moved to.
I compiled espeak-ng and installed it using pcaudiolib.
Thanks!

|May 1995 - Last Year |Current Year|