Request for Programming an Emacspeak Helper

Hello,

A friend has only a command line computer, he finds it so much easier when screens he does not see are in the way of what he wants to do.

He has a NLS Book player which plays on cartridges.  Blind and handicapped readers can register for BARD here:  https://nlsbard.loc.gov/NLS/ApplicationInstructions.html

The log in page is here:  https://nlsbard.loc.gov/nlsbardprod/login/NLS

The problem for him and any other using  a text browser is  that eww does not  allow him to log in.
links and elinks also will not work.

lynx will  work but I can not get lynx to behave and allow emacspeak to speak a page that makes sense.

I just get html html instead of the  named links.

Since I can  still see (I am reduced vision, not blind), I can navigate and ignore the poor speaking application of lynx and just find the text entry forms and when I go to the download page, I can find the  download links.

But to a blind person, lynx does a poor job speaking this.

Is it possible to modify eww or provide a helper for eww so that it can log in to NLSBARD.loc.gov ?

I don't know anything about programming but I can often find the errors and submit error reports, I just don't know what the  errors mean in programming language.

If anyone thinks this is an interesting challenge, I offer it to you and text users of emacspeak will thank you.

Regards,

David  Ring

|May 1995 - Last Year |Current Year|