Debian Emacspeak 49 with Emacs 26.1

Don't get this confused with my messages about Arch Linux and emacspeak!

ORALUX VOXIN has just released a new installation script for Debian, it has various switches mentioned in the install script, including one for no X emacs.

https://soft.oralux.net/emacspeak/emacspeak_voxin_install/ubuntu/18.04/emacspeak_voxin_install-49.0-5.tar.gz

It works for both Ubuntu and Debian.  Jim is using Debian CLI (No X) and I have that on one computer here so I can help him.

The New installer seems to work fine except when I use:

M-x eww

I type in "google" in the minibuffer and I get the error:

Could not create connection to duckduckgo.com:443

I shell out of emacs and I can ping duckduckgo.com but not duckduckgo.com:443.

How do I get emacspeak or emacs to NOT use port 443?

I'm helping Jim Green get emacspeak working on Debian and I'm trying to get emacspeak working on Arch Linux for myself.

I find using Antergos to build a command line installation of Arch works out very well.  The only problem is Arch develops so quickly that by the time ORALUX made an emacspeak voxin installer, the tcl versions were no longer available. They must have been available but were removed as I cannot find the right version and the voxin emacspeak installer wants to install new files which will not work.  So I'm building from source, but I get the process server not running error filling up the minibuffer as the other thread explains!

Regards,

David

|May 1995 - Last Year |Current Year|