What's the best way to have Emacspeak read a particular mode?

Hi,
I’d like to provide a file for markdown-mode so that I can add proper handling of backspace to emacspeak in that particular mode. As it stands, Emacspeak doesn’t read the deleted character when in that mode, because markdown-mode uses its own delete function called markdown-outdent-or-delete.
The way I understand it currently done is that emacspeak-advice.el has a loop of functions that it adds advice to, including delete-backward-char-untabify and so on. It wouldn’t make sense to add markdown-outdent-or-delete to that loop, because not everyone has it installed. So, I thought of providing a module.
The problem with going that route, however, is code duplication. If for any reason the code in emacspeak-advice.el gets changed, the code in emacspeak-markdown.el would start working differently and, based on experience, someone will have to spend a lot of extra time figuring out why things are behaving normally.
So, what’s the best way to do this?
Thanks!

|All Past Years |Current Year|