challenging problem with web-mode, company getting ignored

Dear all.

I am really finding this veard.

No matter waht what I put in my init.el, emacs just ignores company-mode when web-mode is turned on.

I had previously asked question about getting an environment for web development and finaly I got down to company-tern and web-mode.

here is my snipit of init.el in context.

(require 'web-mode)

(require 'company)
(require 'company-web-html) ; load company mode html backend
(add-hook 'python-mode-hook 'electric-pair-mode)
; (add-hook 'web-mode-hook 'company-mode)

(defun my-web-mode-hook ()
                      (set (make-local-variable
                            'company-backends) '((
                                                  company-web-html
                                                  company-css
                                                  )))

(add-hook 'web-mode-hook 'my-web-mode-hook)

Can any one suggestion what I should do?

Secondly, I always get the html-mode activated when I open an html file.

Could that be the problem?

I do switch it forcefully by M-x web-mode but that too does not bring the company-web-html auto completion to the table.

Happy hacking.

Krishnakant.

|All Past Years |Current Year|