Advice on advice

It has been some time since I've needed to use defadvice and I wanted to just go through the manual to refresh my memory. However, it seems Emacs has changed the api for defining advice to something which is apparently simpler.
As a consequence, it seems they have removed all the old defadvice documentation from the elisp manual - all I can find relating to defadvice is a brief bit on converting defadvice to add-advice.

Is the old defadvice documented anywhere? I can muddle through without it, but it would be handy.

Also, just wondering what is the plan wrt advice. Is it going to be necessary to update Emacspeak to the new form or is the old form going to continue to be supported? For new things, should we be using the old form still or should we use the new form?

Tim

--
regards,

Tim