Long lines

What's the proper modes to use for long lines, especially in Org Mode?

If I enable truncate-long-lines and disable visual-line-mode, then emacspeak-read-previous-line and emacspeak-read-next-line reads the full line, but as I navigate using C-n and C-p only the first (visual) part of the line is read, which seems inconsistent.  (Note: I'm doing a C-a to be at the start of the line before I do the up/down.)

Or is the modern approach to simply enable visual-line-mode and then rely upon audio icons to tell when one moves from one logical line to the next?

Thanks so much!

Marshall G Flax

|All Past Years |Current Year|