problems increasing espeak rate

Dear all,

I have tryed to find my way out but seems there is some known fact about this which I might not be aware of.

When I try changing spead for espeak, I get no particular speech rate increase.

In fact when it asks for 1 till 9 I always give 9 but I haven't got espeak speaking fast enough when using with Emacspeak.

I know this is certainly not an issue with Espeak because with Orca I can increase rate to a great degree.

Can some one tell me what I might be missing?

Happy hacking.

Krishnakant.

|All Past Years |Current Year|