audio indentation question

Hi,

Now that I've been fiddling around with emacspeak's audio indentation I
realize that sometimes I like tones and sometimes I like spoken
indentation.

For different modes it's easy enough to setup using hooks.

I find however that sometimes, in shell mode for example, that I want to
toggle between tones and spoken indentation depending on the content I'm
working with.

I am unable to find a way to do this using existing commands.

Am I missing something?  Would anyone else find this functionality
useful?

Kind regards
Bart
--