problematic emacs default behaviors

I see that visual line movement came up as a topic of discussion again
on the list.  It's been brought up a few times.  Would it make sense for
emacspeak to set the value of line-move-visual to nil by default when it
is loaded?

Another default behavior I've found that could be problematic for
emacspeak users is in ERC.  By default when logging in and joining
channels, ERC cycles through all of the channel buffers, visiting each
one in turn and making it the active buffer.  That's not too bad if you
manually asked ERC to connect.
It becomes a problem if you are disconnected and have auto-reconnect
enabled.  I'm typing away in a buffer.  Could be anything.  Code, a love
letter, whatever.  My IRC connection goes down, ERC autoreconnects, and
all of a sudden I'm typing into the buffer of some IRC channel!
It's easy to fix by customizing erc-join-buffer to the value 'bury
Could we have that as a default for emacspeak?

-- Chris

|All Past Years |Current Year|