RE: Playing Music from Dired

It almost sounds like your sound device is unable to deal with multiple
sources at once.  The c-e ; deal works fine for me now.  Just highlight a
given file and the key sequence opens up the m-player function; it prompts
for a path but I just hit enter on that and away it goes.  I do have to
silence speech right away so I don't hear speech during the music.  I do the
c-e d q after the music starts and that shuts speech up while in that
buffer.