Re: installation guide for emacspeak with espeak support

Sorry, this might be a bit terse...

Christian Gerhardt <gerhardt@xxxxxxxxxxx-cert.de> writes:

> I searched the archive for a definite source of how to install
> emacspeak in conjunction with espeak, but didn't find concrete
> information.

My advice starts like this.  Install emacspeak and eflite from the
archive first.  That _should_ give you a working installation with
speech support so that you can do other stuff.

I just did an upgrade on my Lenny system and espeak is not an option
with the version supplied with Lenny.  You will need to install the
latest version of emacspeak.  I _think_ espeak is an option in the
latest version.  If this is not the case, you will need to install the
svn version.

After installation of emacspeak, install espeak.

After installation of espeak, follow these instructions:

cd to $INSTALL_DIR/servers/linux-espeak/

where $INSTALL_DIR is the directory emacspeak is installed.  If you
installed site-wide, this is likely to be either
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak or
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak.

in the linux-espeak directory type

mv Makefile makefile.old
mv makefile.tcl83 Makefile
make

after you have performed these steps, you should be able to type

C-e d d

and select espeak at the prompt.

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@xxxxxxxxxxx

Remark of Dr. Baldwin's concerning upstarts: We don't care to eat toadstools
that think they are truffles.