Re: Changing Startup Key

OK, I looked over that info page but am still confused.  It mentions a
variable, not a keymap.  I tried variants of global-setkey but to no
avail.  A couple times, I got an error saying non prefix assigned or
something.  I also tried doing a (setq "M-s" to the variable
emacspeak-prefix) but the variable got updated but no key assignment.
I've done key assignments in the past with global-set-key with no
problems so what am I missing here?

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 09:17:06PM -0500, Robert D. Crawford wrote:
> Hello Steve,
>
> Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > I thought I had done this before but can't remember how to do this.  I
> > want to change the start key for emacspeak to alt-s or m-s (whatever
> > notation).  i TRIED STICKING A GLOBAL-SET-KEY TO ESC-S FOR
> > EMACSPEAK-PREFIX-COMMAND BUT THAT DIDN'T WORK FOR ME.  i THOUGHT THERE
> > USED TO BE AN OPTION IN EMACSPEAK TO DO THIS BUT i COULDN'T FIND ANY
> > IDEAS IN THE DOCUMENTATION.
> >
> > iS THERE A WAY TO DO THIS?
>
> Of course.  This is emacs, after all.
>
> Found in the info manual under 5.2 Working In Emacs Buffers:
>
>    *  Emacspeak commands for listening to chunks of information.  The
>      names  of these commands all start with the common prefix
>      `emacspeak-speak-'.  All Emacspeak commands are bound to the
>      keymap EMACSPEAK-KEYMAP and are accessed with the key  `Control
>      e'(1).  Thus,  the Emacspeak command "emacspeak-speak-line" is
>      bound to `l' in  keymap EMACSPEAK-KEYMAP and can be accessed with
>      the keystroke  `Control-e l'.  If for some reason you wish to use
>      some key other  than `control-e' as the common keyboard prefix for
>      all Emacspeak  commands, set the variable EMACSPEAK-PREFIX.
>
> Watch that caps-lock key, brother,
> rdc
> --
> Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Our missions are peaceful -- not for conquest.  When we do battle, it
> is only because we have no choice.
> 		-- Kirk, "The Squire of Gothos", stardate 2124.5

HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!
http://holmesgrown.ld.net/